Flight prices aren’t everything
Often, it’s not just the air ticket costs that stand out, but also additional benefits such as booking Economy Class and still flying Business, worldwide coordinated schedules that make seamless travelling possible, many different services in addition to pure flight performance, as well as a personal, attentive service. Anyone flying on business should be able to rely on a strong, reliable partner and that’s exactly what PartnerPlusBenefit offers you.
Lufthansa Group airlines’ extensive free corporate bonus programme offers companies opportunities to save on travel costs for business trips and keep employees motivated with award flights, upgrades, vouchers and more.
Background information on this topic
Organising business flights within companies
In many small and medium-sized enterprises whose employees must fly frequently, resources and skills are focused around the business trip. A contact person or team take inquiries and booking requests via e-mail or phone, then research and book their colleagues’ business flights using standard flight booking portals.
In time, a learning curve is established. Focusing on this area creates a certain level of expertise, allowing fares and air tickets to be compared more efficiently for the company.
Outsourcing – a means of optimising costs
Above a certain threshold, however, outsourcing – that is, the use of external travel coordinators or travel agents – is profitable. Employing in-house staff to research affordable travel options and air tickets can be inefficient in the long run, especially if these activities prevent them from doing their primary work. Moreover, since this is rarely an employee’s core competency, much potential remains untapped.
Organising business trips through an external third party which has full access to travel agencies – in particular to search programmes oriented around cost optimisation and discounted rates – can reduce fares for air tickets significantly. Here, experience in dealing with airline tariff structures is essential, as this could be the key factor in saving money on fares.
Experienced service providers make planning easier, especially when travelling to several different destinations with multiple connections. Furthermore, group bookings can also be handled easily, which reduces processing and handling costs.
External benefits and services
Travel agencies and travel management companies offer a wide range of services:
- Planning and handling the entire business trip
- Direct access to all air and rail connections, rental cars, hotel and transfer services
- Assistance with visas and vaccinations as well as entry and customs regulations
- Visa application and procurement
- Special tools for comparing air ticket fares
- Special fares with many airlines
- Obtaining discounted service fees
There are also a variety of additional services which are particularly valuable:
- Statistical analysis and consultation on optimising travel costs
- Straightforward, well-trained contact person
- Assistance with and booking of private trips
- Organisation of group and incentive trips to meetings, conferences, conventions and trade fairs
- Management of corporate bonus programmes for programme members in order to further optimise travel costs
More than just air fares
When choosing an external provider, it’s not just the opportunity to reduce fares for air tickets that plays a key role. Other advantageous services include reduced coordination and planning efforts, minimisation of organisational and accounting administration as well as access to expert assistance.
Lufthansa Group airlines fares including many different services
The same applies when choosing the airline. In addition to direct flight costs as well as taxes and fees, flying with Lufthansa includes numerous services which make business trips even simpler and much more enjoyable:
- The Lufthansa Group airlines fleet is comprised of almost every size of modern aircraft
- Travellers can check in and select their desired seat(s) conveniently on a PC, on the go via smartphone, or at the airport check-in machines as early as 23 hours before departure.
- Travellers’ free baggage allowance can also be checked in along with hand luggage.
- Guests of Lufthansa First and Business Class as well as Miles & More members with the corresponding status can spend their time at the airport relaxing in lounges.
- Even on flights within Europe, passengers have a wide range of beverages to choose from. Depending on your destination you will also be served small snacks or whole meals. Upon request, special meals can be pre-ordered free of charge when booking.
- Lufthansa flights earn Miles & More members valuable award and status miles, which are synonymous with attractive flight and merchandise offers as well as numerous privileges for frequent flyers.
- On Lufthansa flights, PartnerPlusBenefit members earn Benefit points, which offer many different ways to optimise travel costs.