Dear Business Partner,
The spread of the coronavirus these past few days and weeks is affecting the lives of people worldwide and air travel is also affected to an unprecedented extent. In economic terms, the Lufthansa Group has to face new challenges on a daily, even almost hourly basis. In view of current developments, the airlines of the Lufthansa Group are doing everything they can to manage this crisis in the best possible way.
As a PartnerPlusBenefit participant, Lufthansa Group airlines also offer you flexible rebooking options for benefit flight awards.
- For PartnerPlusBenefit free flights and upgrades, the one-time free rebooking option still applies.
- Benefit free flights and upgrades for cancelled flights can be reimbursed free of charge. The Benefit Points will be credited to your Benefit account immediately.
- The reimbursement of Benefit free flights and upgrades for flights that have not been cancelled is still possible for a fee (points) in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions.
- As the current situation makes it difficult to redeem awards, the expiry of points will be suspended from April until further notice.
We would like to draw your attention to the extended rebooking options with which you can flexibly adjust your travel plans until 31 August 2020:
- Passengers may keep their ticket for a cancelled or future flight without the need to immediately decide on an alternative date or routing for a new flight
- The value of the ticket will not expire and you will get a discount or credit of EUR 50/USD 50/CHF 50 on the rebooking
If you do not wish to take advantage of any of these flexible rebooking options, you can still submit tickets for refund via your travel agency. We ask for your understanding that in the current situation it is not possible to process refund requests within the usual time limits.
The refund process on the Lufthansa Group airlines’ websites has been temporarily adjusted. Refunds already submitted will be processed with a delay.
In these extraordinary times, the Lufthansa Group airlines are depending on your support as partners and, in particular, your understanding: We are aware that not only our industry is affected by the consequences of the coronavirus, and therefore we are not happy having to carry out such a measure.
On behalf of Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS, Brussels Airlines and Eurowings, we thank you for your understanding and wish you and your families all the best. Stay healthy and take care of yourself.
Your PartnerPlusBenefit Team