Find the best flight deals, deals & discounts - PartnerPlusBenefit
Anyone flying on business should be able to rely on a strong, reliable partner to provide: worldwide coordinated schedules for seamless travel, numerous services in addition to excellent flight performance, as well as personal, attentive care. Often, it’s not just the flight costs that stand out, but also additional benefits such as booking Economy Class and still flying in Business class. It is these benefits that are exactly what PartnerPlusBenefit offers companies and their corporate travellers.
Lufthansa's extensive free corporate bonus program offers small and medium-sized companies opportunities to save on travel costs for business trips and keep employees motivated. With BenefitPoints, companies can reward employees with award flights, upgrades, lounge access, FlyNet vouchers and more.
Background information on this topic
Organising business flights within companies
In many small and medium-sized companies, whose employees must fly frequently, resources and skills are focused around the business trip. A contact person or team take inquiries and booking requests via e-mail or phone, researches the best flight deals, then books their colleagues’ business flights using standard flight booking portals.
In time, a learning curve is established. Focusing on this area creates a certain level of expertise, allowing fares to be compared more efficiently and optimised for the company.
Outsourcing – A means of optimising costs
Above a certain threshold, however, outsourcing – that is, the use of external travel coordinators or travel agents – is profitable. Employing in-house staff to research affordable travel options and find the best flight deals can be inefficient in the long run, especially if these activities prevent them from doing their primary work. Additionally, since this is rarely an employee’s core competency, much potential remains untapped and the best flight deals unfound.
Organising business trips through an external third party which has full access to travel agencies – in particular to search programs oriented around cost optimisation and discounted rates – can reduce fares significantly. Here, experience in dealing with airline tariff structures is essential, as this could be the key factor in saving money on fares and ultimately finding the best flight deals.
Experienced service providers make planning easier, especially when travelling to several different destinations with multiple connections. Furthermore, group bookings can also be handled easily, which reduces processing and handling costs.
External benefits and services
Travel agencies and travel management companies offer a wide range of services:
- planning and handling the entire business trip
- direct access to all air and rail connections, rental cars, hotel and transfer services
- Assistance with visas and vaccinations as well as entry and customs regulations
- Visa application and procurement
- Special tools for comparing fares
- Special fares with many airlines
- Obtaining discounted service fees
There are also a variety of additional services which are particularly valuable:
- Statistical analysis and consultation on optimising travel costs
- Straightforward, well-trained contact person
- Assistance with and booking of private trips
- Organisation of group and incentive trips to meetings, conferences, conventions and trade fairs
- Management of corporate bonus programs for program members in order to further optimise travel costs
More than just cheap fares
When choosing an external provider, it’s not just the opportunity to reduce fares that plays a key role. Other advantageous services include reduced coordination and planning efforts, minimisation of organisational and accounting administration as well as access to expert assistance.
Lufthansa Inclusive fares – The best flight deals
The same applies when choosing the airline. In addition to direct flight costs as well as taxes and fees, flying with Lufthansa includes numerous services which make business trips even simpler:
- The Lufthansa fleet is comprised of almost every size of modern aircraft.
- Travellers can check in and select their desired seat(s) conveniently on a PC, on the go via smartphone, or at the airport check-in machines as early as 23 hours before departure.
- Travellers’ free baggage allowance can also be checked in along with hand luggage.
- Guests of Lufthansa First and Business Class as well as Miles & More members with the corresponding status can spend their time at the airport relaxing in lounges.
- Even on flights within Italy, passengers have a wide range of beverages to choose from. Depending on your destination you will also be served small snacks or whole meals. Upon request, special meals can be pre-ordered free of charge when booking.
- Lufthansa flights earn Miles & More members valuable award and status miles, which are synonymous with attractive flight and merchandise offers as well as numerous privileges for frequent flyers.
- On Lufthansa flights, PartnerPlusBenefit members earn BenefitPoints, which offer many different ways to optimise travel costs.
Finding the best flight deals is about more than just a cheap fare. With Lufthansa’s PartnerPlusBenefit and Miles and More, companies are assured a higher standard of service and care, in addition to competitive flight prices.