Flight prices and airfare specials
Anyone flying on business should be able to reply upon strong, reliable, international partners to provide worldwide coordinated schedules for seamless travelling, numerous services in addition to quality flight performance, as well as a personal, attentive service. Often, it’s not just the flight costs that stand out, but also additional benefits such as booking Economy Class and still flying Business. It is precisely this service that is being offered to members of the PartnerPlusBenefit program.
Lufthansa's extensive free corporate bonus program offers small and medium-sized companies unparalleled opportunities to save on travel costs for business trips while at the same time keeping employees motivated and productive with incentive rewards, such as retail merchandise, award flights, upgrades and FlyNet vouchers.
Background information on this topic
Organising business flights within companies
In many small and medium-sized enterprises for which whose employees must fly frequently, resources and skills are focused around the business trip. A contact person or team take inquiries and booking requests via e-mail or phone, then research and book their colleagues’ business flights using standard flight booking portals.
In time, a learning curve is established. Focusing on this area creates a certain level of expertise, allowing fares to be compared more efficiently and optimised to find the best airfare specials for the company.
Outsourcing – a means of optimising costs
Above a certain threshold, however, outsourcing – that is, the use of external travel coordinators or travel agents – is profitable. Employing in-house staff to research affordable travel options and airfare specials can be inefficient in the long run, especially if these activities prevent them from doing their primary work. Additionally, since this is rarely an employee’s core competency, much potential remains untapped, and finding inclusive airfare specials.
Organising business trips through an external third party which has full access to travel agencies – in particular to search programmes oriented around cost optimisation and discounted rates – can reduce fares significantly. Here, experience in dealing with airline tariff structures is essential, as this could be the key factor in saving money on fares.
Experienced service providers make planning easier, especially when travelling to several different destinations with multiple connections. Furthermore, group bookings can also be handled easily, which reduces processing and handling costs.
External benefits and services
Travel agencies and travel management companies offer a wide range of services:
- planning and handling the entire business trip
- direct access to all air and rail connections, rental cars, hotel and transfer services
- Assistance with visas and vaccinations as well as entry and customs regulations
- Visa application and procurement
- Special tools for comparing fares
- Special fares with many airlines
- Obtaining discounted service fees
There are also a variety of additional services which are particularly valuable:
- Statistical analysis and consultation on optimising travel costs
- Straightforward, well-trained contact person
- Assistance with and booking of private trips
- Organisation of group and incentive trips to meetings, conferences, conventions and trade fairs
- Management of corporate bonus programs for members in order to further optimise travel costs
More than airfare specials
When choosing an external provider, it’s not just the opportunity to reduce fares and find the best airline specials that play a key role. Other advantageous services include reduced coordination and planning efforts, minimisation of organisational and accounting administration as well as access to expert assistance.
Lufthansa inclusive fares
The same applies when choosing the airline. In addition to inclusive airfare specials as taxes and fees, flying with Lufthansa includes numerous services and amenities that make business trips even more convenient and much more enjoyable:
- The Lufthansa fleet is comprised of almost every size of modern aircraft
- Travellers can check in and select their desired seat(s) conveniently on a PC, on the go via smartphone, or at the airport check-in machines as early as 23 hours before departure.
- Travellers’ free baggage allowance can also be checked in along with hand
- Guests of Lufthansa First and Business Class as well as Miles & More members with the corresponding status can spend their time at the airport relaxing in lounges.
- Even on flights within Europe, passengers have a wide range of beverages to choose from. Depending on your destination you will also be served small snacks or whole meals. Upon request, special meals can be pre-ordered free of charge when booking.
- Lufthansa flights earn Miles & More members valuable award and status miles, which are synonymous with attractive flight and merchandise offers as well as numerous privileges for frequent flyers.
- On Lufthansa flights, PartnerPlusBenefit members earn BenefitPoints, which offer many different ways to optimise travel costs.