PartnerPlusBenefit rewards – Finding the best flight deals
Anyone flying on business should be able to rely on a strong, reliable partner. Providing worldwide coordinated schedules that make seamless travelling possible, offering many different services in addition to pure flight performance, as well as a personal, attentive service, are qualities corporate travellers are looking for when searching for the best flight deals. Often, it’s not just the flight costs that stand out, but also additional benefits such as booking Economy Class and still flying Business. PartnerPlusBenefit offers business travellers exactly that.
Lufthansa's extensive free corporate bonus program, PartnerPlusBenefit, offers small and medium-sized enterprises new opportunities to save on travel costs for business trips, while keeping employees motivated and productive. BenefitFlights, upgrades, FlyNet® vouchers and lounge access are just a sample of the many benefits awarded through PartnerPlusBenefit.
Background information on this topic
Organising business flights within companies
In many small and medium-sized companies where employees must fly frequently, resources and skills are focused around organising business trips. A contact person, or team, take inquiries and booking requests via e-mail or phone, then research and book their colleagues’ business flights using standard flight booking portals.
In time, a learning curve is established. Focusing on this area creates a certain level of expertise, allowing fares to be compared more efficiently and optimized for the company to find the best flight deals.
Outsourcing – A means of optimizing costs
Above a certain threshold, however, outsourcing – that is, the use of external travel coordinators or travel agents – is profitable. Employing in-house staff to research affordable travel options can be inefficient in the long run, especially if these activities prevent them from completing their primary work. Additionally, since this is rarely an employee’s core competency, much potential remains untapped and the best flight deals undiscovered.
Organizing business trips through an external third party which has full access to travel agencies – in particular to search programs oriented around cost optimization and discounted rates – can reduce fares significantly. Here, experience in dealing with airline tariff structures is essential, as this could be the key factor in saving money on fares and finding the best flight deals for your trip.
Experienced service providers make planning easier, especially when travelling to several different destinations with multiple connections. Furthermore, group bookings can also be handled easily, which reduces processing and handling costs.
External benefits and services
Travel agencies and travel management companies offer a wide range of services:
- planning and handling the entire business trip
- direct access to all air and rail connections, rental cars, hotel and transfer services
- Assistance with visas and vaccinations as well as entry and customs regulations
- Visa application and procurement
- Special tools for comparing fares
- Special fares with many airlines
- Obtaining discounted service fees
There are also a variety of additional services which are particularly valuable:
- Statistical analysis and consultation on optimizing travel costs
- Straightforward, well-trained contact person
- Assistance with and booking of private trips
- Organization of group and incentive trips to meetings, conferences, conventions and trade fairs
- Management of corporate bonus programs for program members in order to further optimize travel costs
More than just fares
When choosing an external provider, it’s not just the opportunity to reduce fares and find the best flight deals that plays a key role. Other advantageous services include reduced coordination and planning efforts, minimization of organizational and accounting administration as well as access to expert assistance.
Lufthansa fares including many different services
The same applies when choosing the airline. In addition to direct flight costs as well as taxes and fees, flying with Lufthansa includes numerous services which make business trips much easier and enjoyable for the corporate traveller:
- The Lufthansa fleet is comprised of almost every size of modern
- Travellers can check in and select their desired seat(s) conveniently on a PC, on the go via smartphone, or at the airport check-in machines as early as 23 hours before departure.
- Travellers’ free baggage allowance can also be checked in along with hand
- Guests of Lufthansa First and Business Class as well as Miles & More members with the corresponding status can spend their time at the airport relaxing in lounges.
- Even on flights within France & Benelux, passengers have a wide range of beverages to choose from. Depending on your destination you will also be served small snacks or whole meals. Upon request, special meals can be pre-ordered free of charge when booking.
- Lufthansa flights earn Miles & More members valuable award and status miles, which are synonymous with attractive flight and merchandise offers as well as numerous privileges for frequent flyers.
- On Lufthansa flights, PartnerPlusBenefit members earn BenefitPoints, which offer many different ways to optimize travel costs and find the best flight deals.